MINUTES OF THE LAKE GROVE NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION
Lake Grove Presbyterian Church, January 18, 2023, 7 pm
Board Members Present: Chair Dan Anderson, Directors; Audrey Block, Chuck
Fisher, Robert Hrdinsky, Yoko Kinoshita
Called to Order by Dan Anderson at 7:00 pm
Minutes of November 17, 2022, Board Meeting, Approved
- Chuck Fisher will serve as ad-hoc Secretary for this meeting.
- Robert Hrdinsky was elected to the position of Secretary to begin February
Board Chair Report
- City is offering Pre-Application training (self-paced, online) at
https://www.ci.oswego.or.us/planning/self-guided-pre-app-trainingneighborhood-association-reps. Robert Hrdinsky and Yoko Kinoshita
expressed interest in completing the training.
- Review Lake Grove Neighborhood Plan and Bylaws at
- None this meeting
- Mike Buck, (As delivered by Dan Anderson)
- Announcement of planning for the City’s Arbor Month.
▪ Mike Buck has met with the owners of the Jenike property to do
a landscape planting of native and ornamental shrubs and trees.
Funding to be provided by the Lake Grove Business Association.
▪ Mike Buck will be meeting with a Lake Grove Elementary School
faculty member who does environmental/sustainability teaching
and a parent. Anyone who would like to help with plantings or
an event at the school would be welcome and greatly
▪ Mike Buck has met with the ILA, (French School), Board about a
possible project. The school is undertaking an 11,000sf
mitigation and restoration on its site.
- Mike Buck requests the Board address West Lake Grove, (WLG), code
that places constraints on development within the WLG district. The
concern is that the design provisions of the WLG district are overly
- Mike Buck asks anyone who has comments or thoughts with respect to
amending the Tree or Development Cost, to please pass those along to
him. The goal is to develop feasible, reasonable alternatives that can
be implemented to enhance our urban forest without negative
- Robert Hrdinsky, presented three topics and followed up with an email. He
requested anyone with questions and/or recommendations, please pass them
along to him. From his email dated 01/20/2023
o Speed Limits: “A new state law allows Oregon cities to apply for the
authority to designate speed limits on their roads. In the past, a city
dealing with speeding or accidents on their roads had to get permission
from the state to change the speed limit, even if the street was owned
and maintained by the city..”.
https://www.opb.org/article/2022/11/30/oregon-cities-can-now-controlspeed-limits-on-own-streets/ (House Bill 3055)
o Group Email: looking options if it’d be beneficial to have a group mail-list
like where we can simply send to alias [LGNA] and all Members/Directors
would get the mail plus keeps an archive through-out the years, Google
Groups is one common option
o Neighborhood Contact: having the ability for our neighbors to contact us,
looks like we already own lakegroveneighborhood.com so we can have an
email alias like firstname.lastname@example.org that forwards to a
designated email, ideally a group email like above (goal is to not advertise
our personal email). Also was mentioned about possibly having some
presence on Nextdoor (I’m off social media so not sure how it’d fully
work). With the main purpose for us to be able to be a resource and guide
neighbors to the right contact/department (e.g. questions around Speed
Bumps), and hopefully to have more community connection / impactful
- House at 16112 Reese (LU 22-0065), Short discussion of the proposed
project. Appears at first to be lot-line adjustment but does include
teardown of an existing dwelling.
- Cancelled West Lake Grove development of a private school at 16710
Boones Ferry Rd, (LU 22-0090). The issue leading to the withdrawal of
the application for the school in the WLG district was due to the
application of design standards specific to WLG. (LOC 50.03.003.5.f.ii)
Tree Removal Applications:
- Cedar at 4330 Upper, (499-23-000024-TREE). Dan Anderson went by.
He noted the tree is leaning.
Adjourned: 7:45 p.m.
Next Board meeting: 7 p.m., February 16, 2023,
Lake Grove Presbyterian Church